This launch event will take place on Friday 13th November 2015, 10 AM- 4 PM at Riverside Innovation Centre, University of Chester.
What is Integrated Personal Commissioning?
It’s a new approach to joining up health and social care. The aim in Cheshire West and Chester over the next 3 years is to join up health and social care support to give individuals and their families control over their support.
Who will benefit?
• People with learning disabilities or autism
• Their families and carers
How will it work?
Under this new system individuals with health and social care needs will only have to undergo one assessment. They will then be told the total amount available from health and social care to spend on their support. An independent voluntary sector organisation will support them to write a person-centred plan. This will give them choice and control over how the money is used and enable them to spend it in ways that best suit their needs and aspirations. There will also be on-going support for them to manage their care and support package.
What difference will it make to people?
• Better health and quality of life
• More involvement in their care and support with the opportunity to identify their own health and social care outcomes.
• A person-centred plan based around their needs and circumstances which they have designed for themselves.
• Support to live in and be part of the local community with fewer crises that lead to unplanned hospital and institutional care
• Better quality of care, including more choice and control and better experiences.
• No more fights between health and social care over who will pay for their care and support.
Cheshire West and Chester was chosen as one of nine demonstrator sites in England.
The Cheshire pilot is bringing together service users/patients, carers, the voluntary sector, providers and commissioners to provide leadership for this new integrated and personalised commissioning approach for people with both health and social care needs.
To find out more please visit the official website for Integrated Personal Commissioning:
Please confirm you attendance as soon as you can as places are limited.
To confirm your attendance please email Joanna.email@example.com by 30th October 2015.
Venue and parking: http://www.riversideinnovationcentre.co.uk/about/find-us/
When confirming your attendance please let Joanna know of any special access or dietary requirements you may have.