If you are a CVA member and want to advertise your jobs on this page please complete this form
Part-time Chief Executive Officer
Platform for Life
2+ days per week, salary around £40,000 pro rata
Platform for Life is a new and fast-growing charity addressing the mental health needs of families in disadvantaged communities by the provision of counselling and play therapy to parents, children and young people. This is an area of huge unmet need and one where the charity is not just pioneering a new approach but also building an awareness of the centrality of mental health in dealing with disadvantage. Having established a presence in two deprived parts of Chester (neighbourhoods in Lache and Blacon), the Trustees seek a CEO to lead the further growth of the charity as it further develops its service and expands geographically.
* Experience of effective management and leadership within a third sector organization or a business unit
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to be an ambassador for the charity and develop the profile of the service
* Ability to network and develop partnership working
* Ability to maintain and extend funding streams
* Ability to balance both strategic and operational demands
* Ability to maintain and develop an open, supportive and learning culture in the charity
Some background knowledge of a relevant field such as mental health, social work or education would be desirable. The appointment will be dependent on a clean enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
If you are interested to hear more about this opportunity, please contact Andrew Garman at email@example.com or ring 07833 107035 for an initial conversation.
Deadline for applications is 3rd January 2019.
Passion for Learning
Winsford Volunteer Support Worker
Salary: up to £11,400 p.a. depending on experience.
Hours: 22 hours per week, flexible work patterns will be considered.
Responsible to: Managing Director
The closing date is Friday 11th January 2019
Responsible for: Facilitating Passion for Learning in maintaining and growing its presence in Winsford, Northwich and surrounding area primary schools. Providing responsive, ongoing support to the Passion for Learning Volunteers.
Main role: Contribute to the recruitment and retention of volunteers, representing Passion for Learning at recruitment events. To oversee the process from initial enquiry to training, maintaining an accurate database of volunteers. Ensure relevant checks (DBS, reference) are completed before placement in a school.
To organise Volunteer placement and support in a school; providing resources; advice and guidance to volunteers; identifying appropriate tools/resources for use by volunteers. Organise coffee morning and similar events to support volunteers, enabling them to share ideas, knowledge and understand how to make best use of resources.
Work with the Managing Director to ensure the Volunteer Support Plan is kept updated and deliverables e.g. volunteer numbers are achieved.
Using social media and other relevant channels, promote and advertise volunteer opportunities in and around Winsford and Northwich to maintain a pipeline of volunteers in line with the Volunteer Support Plan.
Passionate, Good small team player, Positive and proactive, Good Judgement, Flexible and adaptable, Professional, Imaginative and creative, Committed and reliable, Organised & good time management, Good planning skills, Eye for detail
Prepared to be based in a Winsford location regularly each week
Knowledge of the local area around Winsford is desirable, but not essential.
Post is subject to references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
• To develop and deliver a Volunteer Support Plan for Winsford in line with the needs of the organisation. The Plan will include target volunteer numbers and set out means by which the plan can be achieved e.g. how often volunteers will be visited/supported once placed in a school. It will also set out a retention plan to mitigate risks of high volunteer turnover as Passion for Learning grows as an organisation.
• Identify opportunities to recruit volunteers in and around Winsford, including places, publications and social media to advertise and promote volunteering opportunities. Working with the library service and other volunteer organisations e.g. U3A, CVS Cheshire East, CVA, organise regular events to meet and recruit potential volunteers in the local area.
• Establish good relationships with the Volunteers, ensuring their voice and views are represented at the heart of Passion for Learning.
• Support the safeguarding of the welfare of children in line with Passion for Learning’s Safeguarding Policy. Act as a key reference point for Volunteers in handling safeguarding matters.
• Ensure the relevant DBS and reference checks are completed before Volunteers are placed in a school. Ensuring repeat DBS checks are carried out for Volunteers every 3 years in line with Passion for Learning policy.
• Organise and attend placement meetings for the Volunteers with the relevant school staff, typically the Headteacher. Ensure the appropriate forms are provided and relevant information is shared, enabling the Volunteer to make the best possible start.
• Provide relevant and appropriate resources to the Volunteers, both initially and on an ongoing basis, to enable them to support the children they work with. Provide advice and coaching as needed to the Volunteers, to help them with any issues, questions or challenges they have regarding the children they support.
• Maintain accurate records on the Volunteer database, enabling Passion for Learning to monitor and report on Volunteer numbers e.g. for recruitment and retention purposes.
• Maintain accurate Volunteer training records to ensure compliance with relevant policies e.g. Safeguarding, ensuring that Volunteers are up to date with policy changes or new information.
• Working with the Managing Director, ensure the volunteer needs for new schools are identified and planned for, managing the recruitment activity accordingly.
• Ensure Prospective Volunteer training events are planned throughout the year, in line with demand and the Managing Director’s availability to deliver training courses. In addition, consider the existing Volunteers’ additional training needs e.g. for specialist areas including Keeping Children Safe Online, Mental Health First Aid and conditions like Autism, ADHD and Attachment disorder.
• Collaborating with the Volunteer Managers, share good practice and maintain consistent Volunteer recruitment, placement and support processes and standards.
• Facilitate the timely completion of the Social and Emotional Assessment tool by the Volunteers with the children they support, ensuring they have a good understanding of the rationale and the outcomes from the data captured.
Applicants should apply by email with their CV and a cover letter to
If people would like to discuss the role or our work before deciding whether to apply, they are welcome to contact Viv Couche or Diane Clark on 0151 356 8717 or 07976 552309.
The closing date is Friday 11th January 2019.