Let’s Get The Whole Family Volunteering – A Toolkit
This toolkit has been designed to give volunteer involving organisations guidance for involving families in volunteering and social action opportunities. It has been made possible through our Sport England funded project – Families Together which is focused on supporting our members to engage families in volunteering activities that encourage physical activity.
If you are interested in finding out how you can engage families in your organisation please get in touch.
NEW toolkit – Reward and recognition
We encourage all volunteer involving organisations to recognise the contributions that
volunteers make to their organisation and to the wider community.
This toolkit, devised with support from Cheshire West and Cheshire Council, has top tips and downloads to help you show recognition to your volunteers. Click on the image for the full version.
If that’s not enough then listen and get inspired by this Volunteering Song. The production of this special song began at the Love to Give Volunteer Celebration – hosted by Cheshire West and Chester Council in 2018. Volunteers, during a workshop, began shaping the song, which was then completed by Claire Mooney using words taken from Cheshire West Voluntary Action’s Annual Awards entries.
Good Practice in Volunteer Management
Volunteers bring so much to your organisation so it is important that you get it right. We can support you in all areas of volunteer management including:
• Planning for volunteer involvement
• Developing meaningful roles
• Legal aspects
• Dealing with issues
• How to support, develop and retain your volunteers
We are a small, friendly team with so please do not hesitate to get in touch about your volunteer programme.
- face to face, telephone or email support
- a network meeting exclusively for volunteer managers
- volunteer management training
- promotion of volunteering vacancies, both online at the www.volunteerwestcheshire.org.uk website and via our social media platforms. To access this support please click here to fill in this form