Please send your job adverts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Flexible depending on experience
Hours: Flexible – 20-30 hours over 5 days (Mon-Fri)
Deadline for applications: 28th February 2020
Start Date: asap
Contract Type: Permanent subject to satisfactory completion of 6 months probationary period
Pennysmart CIC are a successful social enterprise set up in 2010, based just off Sealand Road in Chester. Financial Wellbeing is our business, so if you want to be part of a small team with a massive heart helping people escape poverty, deprivation and debt on a daily basis, then you could be the person we are looking for.
80% of our work is telephone-based money, debt and benefits advice from our Chester office. We are an FCA regulated professional practice with a small team of expert money advice caseworkers, and business support staff.
Working for Pennysmart is much more than a 9 to 5; we can promise high job satisfaction and lots of opportunities to grow a career with us in several directions, dependent on where your talents lie.
At Pennysmart we appreciate our people are our biggest asset, therefore we are committed to their ongoing development. Therefore every member of staff will be given the option to secure further qualifications through our ‘Supported Study Scheme’ for staff which includes time and financial support for a wide range of subjects that align with our business needs e.g. business administration, accounts, marketing, HR, digital/IT and professional debt advice.
Our values are teamwork, communication, driving results, customer service excellence and positive attitude and we use a values-based approach to our recruitment and management process.
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
We are searching for the perfect office administrator/s (we will consider a job-share), someone who has a strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, emotional intelligence, able to work without close supervision and really add value to our team, to help us manage several new contracts that are due to start in the next few months.
We have some flexibility over working hours for the right candidate, but we will need to see a proven track record working in administration or a related field e.g. customer services, which requires good organisational skills, high levels of IT competency (MS Suite), excellent telephone manner and a mature approach.
Our advice clients are placed at the centre of everything we do, so we need good people and communication skills, an ability to be non-judgemental and a calm and capable manner.
Benefits: Free unallocated parking, located on bus route; cash healthcare scheme, 22 days holidays (plus bank holidays), no shift working or weekends; staff leave purchase and buy back scheme, we support all our staff to develop their potential through external study e.g. Institute of Money Advisers Cert. MAP: ILM Leadership qualifications etc.
• To provide administrative support within the Pennysmart Office, this will include support for the advice & casework team to deliver the 121-telephone advice service and more general office administration duties.
• Answering the telephone, receiving communications and welcoming visitors to the centre, although we are not open to the general public.
• To set up new cases on our Case Management System (AdvicePro)
• Sending out communications to clients via email, post and SMS messaging
• Contacting clients by phone, text or letter and arranging appointments for Money Health Check Appointments.
• To keep contacts within referring officers’ organisations informed of case progress with regular updates.
• Provide administrative support to the MD and Business Manager, taking telephone messages, responding to emails, arranging travel, booking venues, arranging meetings, taking minutes, writing letters/reports and liaising with individuals and organisations
• Manage office stationery and resources in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
• Manage information storage and procedures across the money advice service, including the closure of cases and archiving of paper files.
• Provide administration support to money advice caseworker team, including dealing with minor enquiries, taking messages when unavailable, sending standard letters, following up correspondence, scanning and saving letters, following up advice sessions, sending out advice packs, managing referrals, client review procedures and partner feedback (training will be given).
• Attend, facilitate and take minutes at meetings making sure staff and directors are kept up to date with meeting outcomes
• Any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and it’s grading as requested by the management team.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change, develop and expand the JD will be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
• To observe and follow the Pennysmart CIC Equal Opportunities Policy in day to day activities.
• To be responsible for your own health & safety and that of colleagues in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant EC directives, including the reporting of any health and safety hazard immediately you become aware of it.
• To work in accordance with the GDPR 2018 and to ensure all systems are compliant and logged with the Data Protection Officer.
• Receive, log and distribute all communications (post, email, SMS and phone messages), within the same working day and in a timely manner without the need for close supervision to enable caseworkers to keep their work up to date.
• To take responsibility for satisfactory completion of own workload and plan for rises and falls in referral levels and ensure enough cover is provided for periods of absence.
• To provide absence cover for other team members during periods of absence.
• To update and maintain the administration procedures document.
• Most important to us is someone who is able to demonstrate Pennysmart values and wants to make a difference in the work they do.
• With administration experience in a small business or organisation environment.
• Ideally min 5 x GCSE’s including Maths and English.
• A capable team player, but equally at home working alone.
• Either experience with IT (MS Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Onedrive etc) or a strong affinity for digital to quickly learn. We rely heavily on digital for all our needs and the direction of travel is to use it even more in future.
• It would be an advantage if you have your own vehicle and are able to travel to our outreach sessions and networking events around Chester and North Wales.
To apply, please complete the following online form
Pennysmart Job application form
Chester Social Prescribing Link Worker
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Full time
The Social Prescribing Link Worker will work as a key part of the Chester East Primary Care Network, multi-disciplinary teams, social prescribers and wider community groups and organisations.
We are looking to employ a Social Prescribing Link Worker, ideally with a health-related qualification who can deliver activities as well support patients. The successful candidate will work with the Chester East Primary Care Network to help improve patient’s health and wellbeing by reducing health inequalities and supporting patients to have more control over their lives through providing support and access to community groups and activities.
For an application pack, please email: email@example.com
Application by CV and covering letter outlining response to the person specification and how you fit the requirements of the role
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 26th February
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th March (Applicants will be informed by email if shortlisted)
An Enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate as part of this role.
16 hrs per week
Are you friendly, approachable and hard working? Would you like a new opportunity to make a difference? We are looking for someone to build up the work of a new charity, developing a team of volunteers, recruiting members, and establishing systems for supply of stock.
Blacon Beacon is based at Holy Trinity Church Hall and will provide affordable fresh food for Blacon residents as well as educating people in healthy diet and cooking skills. Deliveries will be arranged (often by driver using a refrigerated van) from local supermarkets and other suppliers, and members will have timed sessions when they can collect their food for the week.
We are ideally looking for someone with a background in the catering or retail sector. Above all, the role requires someone with excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage volunteers.
For further information about this post and details on how to apply, please contact Tina Upton on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5pm Monday 24th February 2020 Interviews: Monday 9th March 2020
Deafness Support Network
Front of House Administrator
Maternity Cover – 12-month fixed term contract
Based in Chester
37 hours per week
£16,838.08 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide maternity cover for a period of 12 months!
We are a Disability Confident employer with a vibrant office in Chester, offering various types of support related to hearing & sight loss for people across Cheshire East, Cheshire West & Chester, Flintshire & Wrexham. Our values based culture comes from our knowledge that the services we provide make a real difference to the people we support.
We require a professional & approachable individual with strong administrative skills & a pro active attitude, able to work on own initiative & with a desire to constantly improve existing systems. This is an interesting and challenging role where 2 days are never the same!
You will be the first point of contact for clients accessing our services, providing administrative support to Social Care along with supporting external organisations to use the Chester & District Committee for Deaf People Hall. This rewarding post involves taking referrals & signposting clients to other sources of information. In addition to providing information/advice, you will support our Audiology service Positive Hearing, by scheduling appointments with our clinical Audiologists. As a key holder, with responsibility for opening/closing the building and health & safety, you will complete regular checks, reporting any maintenance issues to Building Maintenance & monitoring their completion.
As this post involves communicating with D/deaf people, you should preferably have a certificate in BSL Level 1, or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge; this is not essential as full training will be given.
Whether this is your first step into this sector, or you have prior experience, you will be fully supported by an excellent programme of continuous training and development; allowing you to truly shine in your role! In return we offer a range of benefits including:
24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Sick Pay, Contributory pension scheme,Training/ Development, Cycle to Work Scheme,Gym Membership* & more! (*subject to qualifying criteria).
We are an equal opportunities employer working to attract the best talent from diverse backgrounds to enhance our specialised team. For further details on our values or to request the advert/job description in any other format, please visit https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/deafness-support-network
To apply, please visit https://dsnonline.co.uk/vacancies/
This role is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and completion of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date – Thursday 20th February 2020 @ 12 noon.
If you have successfully been shortlisted, you will receive an email invitation to interview, scheduled for 26th February 2020.